- There is not NO PAYMENT to organize the event, nor are you required to pay for entrance or any other activities. Everything is freely available.
- Barcamp Events are strictly learning platforms. There WILL BE NO political and religious discussions.
- Get Prepared: Advertise your session, prepare a presentation. It is an informal event, but you have an audience expecting a good input from you. Read the session guide before you come to the event.
- NO SPECTATORS, ONLY PARTICIPANTS
- Presenters are responsible for making sure that notes/slides/audio/video of their presentations is published on the web for the benefit of all and those who can’t be present.
- If you want to present, you must write your topic and name in a presentation slot. We have about 50 slots for 2013
- Talk & blog about Barcamp, take pictures & use Facebook and twitter to share it.
- Presentations promoting specific commercial products or companies are discouraged. Hold a DemoCamp session/slot for folks to demonstrate specific commercial products. If you believe the community is benefited with your commercial products, you are still welcome to present about it.
- Come early, leave late
- Have fun
- No dressing code
- The age limit is 16 and over
- Session languages are only English & Amharic. Please write down on the board clearly which language you are using for your session. If you don’t mention the language, the default is English.